YOUR FUNDRAISING MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
Funds raised through the 30th Annual Race Against Violence provide important financial support to programs and services for those in our community who need it the most.
- 24-hour domestic violence and sexual assault hotlines
- 120-bed domestic violence shelter and support services
- Individual and group counseling and advocacy for adults and children
- Hospital accompaniment for survivors of domestic and sexual violence
- Housing programs
- Children’s Court Services for child victims/ witness who testify in court
- Community education, training and primary prevention programs
Our services are provided to clients at no cost to them – thanks to help like yours! Proceeds from the 30th Annual Race Against Violence help makes this, and so much more, possible. Join us in sharing the mission. Join us in raising funds to ensure our clients receive advocacy, counseling, and shelter. Join us, as we seek to end the violence.
Three Steps to Becoming A TOP FUND-RUNNER
- To get started, register for the race or go straight to Fundraising Center to create a personalized fundraising page. Fundraising tip: Customize your page with photos, a personal story, or a video message. Find tips on personalizing your fundraising campaign and a sample letter.
- Share your fundraising page with friends and family through email and social media. Fundraising tip: In honor of the 30th anniversary of the Race Against Violence, commit to sharing the mission with 30 people!
- Raise $500 or more to receive special recognition as a Top Fund-Runner! Race Day Benefits include:VIP parking located next to the start line, VIP tent access with special breakfast goodies, Top Fund-Runner commemorative cap.
© 2018 Race Against Violence
Houston Area Women’s Center is a 501©(3) nonprofit organization.
All donations are tax deductible and are gratefully accepted.
All registrations are final. No refunds will issued. If you register for the Race Against Violence and are unable participate or if the event must be cancelled, we will consider your registration fee a donations to Houston Area Women’s Center to benefit those affected by domestic or sexual violence.